Wednesday 5 July 2017

Thank you!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all at Stoke Lodge for a most enjoyable Rotary Club President Handover Dinner last Thursday night. 

Dartmouth Rotary Club members and partners gathered together to say goodbye to retiring President Bill Parker and welcome to incoming President Mike Freeman (second time around for him - he must like it!).






 
It was extremely interesting to hear all about the many good causes Rotary supports not only locally but nationally and overseas - I had no idea they were involved in so much and it was quite an eye opener to learn about the many different projects currently being supported.



To find out more click the links below - you might be surprised...


Website: https://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=1028


Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/RotaryClubDartmouth/





I don't know if it's the beautiful setting, the general ambience or the friendly and helpful Mayer family and staff at the Hotel but I always feel very relaxed and at home the minute I walk through the doors, and last night was no exception.

I really enjoyed the pre-dinner drinks - scrumptious chilled rose wine in the lounge bar, teamed with lots of friendly chat - followed by dinner in the Garden Restaurant.

My choice was smoked salmon and avocado on bruschetta, roast chicken in a spicy tomato sauce with vegetables, and a very nice cheese board with crackers, followed by coffee and mints.


  
Simple things done well are - to my mind - hard to beat...


It was a really friendly, lovely atmosphere and I think Christine, Steven and daughters did Dartmouth Rotary Club proud. Many thanks to all at Stoke Lodge for another enjoyable evening - see you again soon!

Guest Blogger Valeria D

No comments:

Post a Comment